GENERAL DRESS CODE INFORMATION
- Black dancewear must be worn for all classes, with the exception of hip hop.
- Crop tops, half tops, or sports bras (with nothing worn them) are not allowed for any classes.
- Please label all shoes and dancewear with full names.
- Teen dancers must wear cover ups outside of the studio.
- Girls’ dancewear (for all classes except hip hop) includes leotards, shorts, jazz pants, leggings, and skirts (for ballet only). Elaborate skirts or tutus are not allowed.
- Black, tan, and pink tights are all acceptable for girls.
- Girls must wear their hair off of their face for all classes and in a neat bun for ballet.
- Boys’ dancewear includes T-shirts, tank tops, athletic shorts, jazz pants, tights, or sweat pants.
- Boys 11 and older must wear a dance belt under tights, jazz pants, and biker shorts.
- Twirl T-shirts and hats are available for purchase in the lobby.
- Girls- Black leotard, tights (tan, pink, or black), pink canvas ballet shoes (preferably split soles), and tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Boys- Black dancewear, black canvas ballet shoes (preferably split soles), and black slip-on jazz shoes.
- Girls- Black dancewear, black lace-up tap shoes, and tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Boys- Black dancewear, black lace-up tap shoes, and black slip-on jazz shoes.
- Girls-Black leotard, pink tights, and pink canvas ballet shoes (preferably split sole) with hair in a neat bun. Black ballet skirts are optional.
- Boys- Black dancewear (if sweatpants are worn, they must be form fitting) and black canvas ballet shoes (preferably split sole).
MUSICAL THEATRE DANCE/TEAM TWIRL
- Girls- Black dancewear and tan slip-on jazz shoes. Tan character heels are required for performances for girls in Musical Theatre Dance III and Team Twirl III.
- Boys- Black dancewear and black slip-on jazz shoes.
- Girls and Boys- Black dancewear and black lace-up tap shoes.
- Girls and Boys- Black dancewear with bare feet.
- Any style Twirl T-shirt must be worn.
- Pants or shorts- any appropriate active wear that allows students to move freely is allowed. Please no jeans.
- Sneakers with clean soles that turn relatively freely on the floor.
- Crop tops, half tops, or sports bras are not allowed.
- Clothing with inappropriate words, logos, or phrases is not allowed.
TWIRL JUNIOR PRESCHOOL DANCE
- Girls- Black leotard with pink tights, pink ballet shoes, black Mary Jane tap shoes. Black leotards with small skirts are okay, but tutus and elaborate skirts are not allowed.
- Boys- Black Twirl T-shirt, black athletic shorts or sweat pants, black tap shoes, black slip-on jazz shoes.
DOWN SYNDROME DANCE
- Girls- Black dancewear including T-shirts, sweat pants, and shorts (leotard and tights are not required). Sneakers with clean soles or tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Boys- Black dancewear and sneakers with clean soles or black slip-on jazz shoes.
ADULT DANCE CLASSES
- Adults can dance in whatever they feel comfortable wearing as long as it allows for free movement. Appropriate footwear should be worn for the genre of dance (i.e. ballet or jazz shoes).
- There is no specific dress code for Twirl Summer Camps. Dance wear is not required and campers can wear whatever allows for free movement. Street shoes may not be worn on dance floors. Campers may wear dance shoes, but if they don’t have them then it’s best that they go barefoot since socks tend to be slippery. Leotard tops, snug tank tops, or shirts that are long enough to be tucked in are recommended for camps that include acrobatics. Please no crop tops, half tops, or sports bras (with nothing worn over them).