Substitute Teaching Artists for all ages and styles- especially Acrobatics.
Twirl is also accepting submissions for regular and substitute teaching artists for the following areas:
- Acrobatics/Tumbling– All acrobatics instructors must have former acro teaching or gymnastics coaching experience. For teaching these classes Twirl has four 4′ X 12′ Resilite panel mats, one 4′ X 8′ Resilite panel mat, a 4′ X 6′ Mancino wedge mat, and a Mancino cartwheel mat.
- Hip Hop– Twirl’s hip hop classes are squeaky clean and super family friendly. The style is open to legit or commercial hip hop. We keep choreography and costuming appropriate for students of all ages. Hip hop classes start with ages 5-7.
- Tap– Looking for instructors with a strong knowledge of tap and the ability to help students fall in love with this art form. Knowledge of musical theatre style tap is a strong plus.
- Musical Theatre Dance– Because Twirl is dedicated to teaching authentic musical theatre dance, instructors must have significant musical theatre performing experience with exposure to different musical theatre choreographic styles.
- Ballet– All ballet instructors should be good with working with children, have the ability to teach solid technique to a wide range of levels, and provide quality training in a positive learning environment.
- Combination Classes– Twirl offers one hour combination classes for students age 5-7 in Tap/Jazz and Ballet/Jazz. Instructors for these classes should be proficient in the styles being taught, as well as appropriate knowledge of pedagogy for this age group.
- Preschool Dance– Twirl’s preschool dance classes are fast-moving, fun, and engaging. Instructors must love preschoolers and will teach a combination of tap, acrobatics, and dance basics to this age group. A general outline of the class structure will be given to these instructors.
- Summer Camp Instructors– Twirl’s summer camp program is fun, high energy, and action packed. Summer camps are highly themed and include theatre/dance-related activities, crafts, snack time, and a performance showcase at the end of the week. For these camps, Twirl is seeking highly creative and super fun-loving instructors who love working with children. Past dance experience/training is preferred, but not necessary.
Dance teachers/instructors in Delaware County, Chester County, and the Philadelphia area please submit resumes, links of online videos showing examples of choreography, and an email cover letter detailing the following:
- What types and levels of dance CAN you teach?
- What types and levels of dance do you LOVE to teach?
- What age ranges do you LOVE to teach?
- What is your availability?
- What is your expected pay scale?
Please email submissions to email@example.com.
Administrative/ Office Help Wanted
As Twirl grows, part-time office/administrative help is needed. We are looking for energetic, personable, responsible workers for daytime administrative work and evening work at Twirl’s front desk. Candidates must have strong communication and computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are a must, and familiarity of Studio Director software is a definite plus. Front desk reception must also be willing to do some light cleaning and love being around children.
Please submit resumes along with an email cover letter detailing availability and expected pay range to firstname.lastname@example.org.